Wednesday, July 23, 2008

insightful anemia

I cannot sleep, yet I am so exhausted. My body is a strange machine, I tell you.
Anyway, in my sleepless thoughts, I find myself pondering on the theory of love, and being in love.

More specifically, how one knows they are "in love."
Before my experiences of love and things alike, I had always wondered: "Well, how can a person know if they are in love? When do you know? What if you never fall in love, or you never realize it?" etc.
And still I sometimes ask myself, "How would I describe my experiences?"
And in all honesty, I'm not really sure how to explain the feeling of being in love. I want to say it is like beating the five o'clock traffic by two minutes. Or maybe feeling the first raindrops of the Fall. Or stepping on those extra crunchy leaves that are littered all over sidewalks. Or finishing a test before everyone in the class, and feeling confident about it. Or riding in the back of a truck, feeling the wind whip through your hair. Or jumping into the water, letting the cold sting and then numb you from the inside, out. Or drinking hot cocoa with extra marshmallows on the first snow of Winter.Or none of those don't make any sense to you.Either way, I love this feeling of being in love and I wish that everyone can experience this at some point or another.



No comments: