Sunday, July 20, 2008

daily Boredom

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
why then, oh why can't I?
Some day I'll wish upon a star
and wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me



Why is it that I cannot seem to grasp the meaning of certain things? It seems to me that my mind has been transformed into a rigid processor enable of manipulating ideas in a flexible manner. Maybe I'm just out of practice, but that isn't a valid excuse. I'll simply have to push myself mentally until I can start thinking outside of the box again. Many people see me and say I'm too hard on myself. However, my standards are set where they are because I know I can achieve them. A lower standard only hinders and limit one's motivation to reach for something higher within their grasp. One might have to tip toe in order to slightly brush that goal, but that gives more satisfaction than clutching an easily achieved goal, at least in my case. (Sigh) okay, need to sleep.. ahaha

No comments: