Sunday, January 03, 2010

When i was a dancer


I used to be a dancer!

I started dancing at the age of 4 when i was chosen to perform a calisthenics dance with my brother. I joined competitions through out my childhood and I loved every minute of it. The costumes, the performances, the workshops and the spotlight. I studied ballet at the age of 5 but attended 4 seassions LoL... But I studied predominately hip hop, ballroom dances and ethnic dances in elementary. Thanks to my Auntie for her overwhelming support and for believing in my talents despite my parents disapproval.
It's been 5 years since the last time i danced and i kinda missed dancing like hell!. Few days agoI and my mom were cleaning our old cabinet and we saw my old costumes that i used. It was nice to know that even though they ( my parents) were never there in every competition that i joined they still value and respect my passion and i was touched when my mom told me that she wished to see me wear those little costumes of mine on stage.. ha ha ha...
I know i'm a bit cheezy. it was just so unusual... I and my mom talking about cheezy thing was way sooooooooooooo unusual. but i'm happy :)

I wish i can dance again... the way i danced when i was young... just wishing*

No comments: