Saturday, January 31, 2009

some thouths about love

There was a time in my life when i perfectly knew how to love, when all i knew was to give, only give much of myself, never ask. You know what? Love didn't hurt. In fact, I realized that love was really meant to hurt. and i was happy. not because i was hut though. but somehow i felt happy. maybe because i learned something.
have you ever heard that singer yelling in his song " Love Hurts"? I used to sing that song to myself when there was a time when i got hurt. But later on i realized i hurt because i fall in the wrong guy.
When i speak of love, I don't really simply mean Romantic love. I speak of that love related in the meaning with platonic love... altruism... agape- that spiritual love...
Romantic love is different from Platonic love. Romantic love expects much from the relationship. It is selfish compared to platonic love in that there is something in it that the other party needs and has to get or he or she ends up feeling bad.
Platonic love doesn't expect anything in return. It is that love which is unconditional. If we love unconditional, we don't expect much from the object of our attention. We do not ask anything in return for what we have given him or her. All we want is to give and provide. But "all things must pass- even the beautiful ones... The most beautiful one" as one disk jockey in my past was exclaiming while on air. Love could be the most beautiful thing in the world! But love too can be so fleeting, one final day, it surely pass. When the object of our attention is done us. meaning, he or she is no longer needs us - he or she might leave us. But would the world may cry? Of course Not!!! For us, It is mission accomplished! It is an achievement.
Don't be afraid to love. Loving is healthy. It does wonder and is good not only for the other party or the one loved but mostl importantly, for the one who loves!

~~
i really don't know why i am writing this way. my friends says I'm so good in giving advice but when it comes to my own personal problems i can't apply my advices to myself. how really irony life could be..
but anyway, I'm just happy right now..


when all i knew was to give, only give much of myself, never ask. You know what? Love didn't hurt. In fact, I realized that love was really meant to hurt. and i was happy.

No comments: